Friday, April 25, 2014

Nickerson summary


Darrin Gailey
Digital Creativity
Chen
1/23/14

Summary:  Enhancing Creativity
1.) This reading is about creativity. What is it? Who has it? Can it be enriched? There are several concepts that can lead to increased creativity:  the ability to take risks, intrinsic motivation, mastery of a subject, and metacognitive skills.
2.) Concepts:
What is Creativity? It is innovative and free-thinking that goes beyond the issue at hand.
Critical thinking-A way of thinking that is very rational and controlled. We use it to make decisions.
Creative thinking- A way of looking at problems or situations from a fresh perspective that suggests unorthodox solutions (which may look unsettling at first). Creative thinking can be stimulated both by an unstructured process such as brainstorming, and by a structured process such as lateral thinking.
           
Motivation- Motivation from within. Usually have a deeper level of learning

3.)I liked how the author discusses the different ways in which creativity can be used. For example, “good and evil”.  Its powerful! I also liked how Nickerson explained and explored the different studies and how that creativity needs to be defined.

4.) This article was very interesting. I liked how it went about describing the different elements that are important to creative thinking. I felt as if a few answers to some of the questions asked went left out. But, some other questions were too well answered. It some areas it felt a little redundant, but not to the extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment