Darrin
Gailey
Digital
Creativity
Chen
1/23/14
Huang and Barmberger
1.In
this article, Barmberger discusses the uses of technology to digitally create
photographs. He also discusses the validity
of constructed photographs in art.
2.Worldview: What the artist values as
knowledge. It is the foundation of intention, principles, and ideas that create
artwork
Truth:
The notion in which people agree, therefore it is true.
Art: He experiences art, it’s a presentation view
of what we see.
Reality: It is something that we experience with our
senses.
Structuralism: “An emphasis of finding the
underlying structure of how things function.”
Formalism: A form that is treasured and appreciated by all.
3.I really liked the examples that Huang
gives. They’re of work that I know (work by artists such as Monet) and that
helps me more connections. I liked that it helped highlight his opinion of what
art is. It was pleasing how the author
details the various artist’s methods and medium. But more importantly I liked that
he states why he uses what he does.
4.
.I thought that this article was extremely interesting and that is raised a lot
of questions. That said, I didn’t quite agree with the article. I feel as
though all images can be truthful to an extent. They don’t have to be
beautiful. Another thing that bugged me was that the article didn’t feel
complete. It needed a better ending to help wrap it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment