Friday, April 25, 2014

Ethics in Visual Research


Darrin Gailey
Digital Creativity
Chen

Ethics in Visual Research

Summary:

This reading is about the ethical considerations, which are important to all parts of research—including visual research. There are certain principles that should be applied to all research. There is also a visual coding system used for the specific book this reading originates from.

Main Points:

            -General ethical considerations
            -Contextual issues
            -Using the Internet ethically

Example:

I thought that it was very informative about the regulatory and social environment in the region and/or country in which you work. It is really important to know and understand the ethical standards of where you live. They’re not the same everywhere (pg 10).

Response:

This article contains a lot of really good information that everyone should know. I agree with almost everything in this chapter. Ethical issues are relevant to everyone, not just few. I did, however, find that the information held within the article was a little bit dry which made it hard to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment