Topic: What Creativity is and is not.
To define the concept of creativity is a hard task to undertake-there
is so set right definition. As an aspiring art teacher, I feel as though that I
have to come up with some idea as to what creativity is, at least as a starting
point, so that I may try and do my best to inspire some idea of creativity into
my students. I want them to push themselves and what they are comfortable with
so that that may grow. As of right now, I feel as though creativity is the
ability to go beyond the norms of society and societies ideas. That is not to
say that later I may/not change or expand that definition.
On a scale of 1-10 on ‘creativeness’, I would rate myself as a
solid 5. I’m right in the middle on the scale, average-not ‘amazing, but not
‘blah.’ Part of being creative, to me, is pushing your boundaries and
growing-becoming something new and more. As of right now in my life it is a bit
of a struggle to be creative.
Creativity, I feel, is not always an innate/active aspect of
a persons life. It is something that is fostered and sparked through an
interest! It is trial and error, practice, and just doing new things and
growing and using those new experiences to become something more!
Creativity is important because it
makes life much more interesting and fulfilling. Creativity is a way of living life that
embraces originality. Creativity is about living life as a journey into seeing
and communicating the extra-ordinariness of the simplest, most every day acts.
A great way to foster creativity is through the use of digital
media! Technology is becoming more and more important in our everyday lives.
Social media-ie facebook, blogs (^_^), etc. allow us to journey to places we
may never be able to go!
Now, it is your turn to inspire another person! In the comments
section, post a photo of something that inspires you!
![]() |
| Untitled, by Sara Gambil Haveman |

No comments:
Post a Comment